• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Outer body rust through warranty

Bammer

Reaction score
Does that warranty apply to bumpers also? Rear bumper, driver side upper corner is starting to flake and rust is popping through, totally absurd to be doing so on a truck that turns 3 in May! :nono: It's not horrible but I am going to try and get GM to cough up a new one,just wondering if I have a leg to stand on with the rust through warranty???

I love my truck but this nickel and dime bull$h!t is getting old in a hurry!

Pretty sure the rust warranty is Bumper to bumper, but you're going to want to call the dealer.

I called GM, they want me to bring it to the dealer to have them asses it. Of course GM customer care said they don't know if they'll cover it. :rolleyes5:

Contacted my dealer and they said bring her in. I did yesterday, and it will be replaced free of charge! I've got 48k on the truck but I am under the three year time limit,somehow they got it covered!!!!!

My dealer continues to go to bat for me. I have praised them and I will continue to do so.

Loehman Blasius Chevrolet in Waterbury CT has been a true pleasure to deal with and have been courteous and have gone the extra mile to keep a customer satisfied! I'm sure he'll never read this but I will be writing a few letters to GM and the dealership.

THANK YOU RICH DAUBNEY...THANK YOU!!!:thumbsup:

i work a a gm dealer, they are gonna start doing more for the owners. here in ny we replaced lots of rusty bumpers. gm wants to kind kick toyota when there down, there gonna relax some on warranty and start covering more stuff to intice owners and new owners and draw people in. there looking into bring in more customers

i work a a gm dealer, they are gonna start doing more for the owners. here in ny we replaced lots of rusty bumpers. gm wants to kind kick toyota when there down, there gonna relax some on warranty and start covering more stuff to intice owners and new owners and draw people in. there looking into bring in more customers

That's good! GM needs to take care of their customers..

Back