• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oregon guy with first diesel

millsroger

Reaction score
Hi folks,
I traded for a truck about two weeks ago, my first Chevy in a very long time and my first diesel ever. I live above Bonanza Oregon on Bly mountain a few miles from the 30 mile marker on 140 up a dirt road at the end of the power lines. This winter was mild and only about two feet of snow. Other rigs are an '03 Dakota Crew Cab and an '86 Ford inline 6, 3/4 ton I use to haul water, (underground tank). Details on the new to me truck:

94 Silverado 2500HD, standard cab long bed fleetside, 6.5 TD L65, 4L80EHD, 4x4, Posi/LS 4.10, Rear ABS, PS, PB, CC, PW, PD lock, AC, AM/FM, Cass, EQ, Tach, Tilt/Tele Sport wheel, All convenience pkgs, VR4 Fold away Goose Neck load EQ platform, Z71 "off road" pkg, NZZ Sport Skid plate pkg, Z81 Camper pkg with tie downs, UY7 wiring pkg, Z82 Reese Equalizer HD 10klb hitch, Trailer brake pkg, Z85 Hi Payload Chassis pkg, 9000lb GVWR brakes and springs, Cold weather pkg, Desert pkg, 100A alt.

Some info to add, took two RPO code tags, has a 180 degree Tstat, 190 degree fan, HD rad, oil cooler on drivers side with big tranny cooler on passenger side, and power steering cooler in the middle. Two tone Autumnwood metallic with Sport two tone beige striping and cloth interior and 60/40 seat. Was special order with "badge delete", out of dealer in Portland. No decals and only emblem is the one in the chrome grille. About the only option it does not have is the overhead console. It has 245k on it and it starts and runs perfect with no fault codes. Came with a military crated "drop in" AMG L65/4L80E. Got it in a trade, my "cost" about $2k. So far I am tickled to tears.

Went to photo bucket, shrunk a pic, added it to signature, still figuring out format for pic and text. Anyway here's a pic. Gonna see if I can get some of the decals and badges, I like them but original owner did not.

Welcome to The Truck Stop! :welcome5:
You could open your pics in paint, resize to 800 pixels, save them and they'll fit right in to the forum system.

Back