• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Optimizer on eBay?

bobbiemartin

Author of The DB2 Conversion Guide
Reaction score
Looking around eBay I found this engine. Its auction number 170439421248
The guy says its a 93, but you can clearly see "506" cast in above the valley. Its pretty nasty so you can't see the valley. I know my old 506 block did not have the 506 on the valley sides, but my Optimizer does. I emailed the guy to ask him about the diamonds in the valley and he said he didn't see them, but who knows if he even looked. Might be worth checking out if you are in Indiana.

Saw that too. I figured that it probably came out of a '93 and that's all he really knows. Might be a good deal for someone local who can check it out.

Thanks for the tip, I sent the guy an email, that's not that many miles from me.

I'll let ya know if anything comes of it.

I will not bid or buy it sight unseen...if it was a No reserve & I could pick it up cheap that would be different.

Thanks again,

Ok the guy called me. He claims the block has been checked & is crack free. No crank or heads...what is this thing worth?

Shit for $200 bucks I'd take it. Have him look for the double "International shaped" diamonds on the valley to see if its an optimizer. That would be pretty damn sweet.

I don't know chit about these 6.5's...what or where to look for diamonds or anything else :confused:

I need to search around some try & edumacate myself so I don't end up spending money for an expensive boat anchor :rolleyes5:

He wants $300 but I think he'll take less...:thumbsup:

If I could pick it up cheap enough :confused: I would just oil it down & keep it for a spare until I need one. Mine is just about to roll up on 200K and I got plans for it...:smile5:

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures or ways to show you. But call up the guy and ask him to look in the valley of the engine. Ask him to look for two diamond shaped castings in that area. If they are, its an optimizer, if theirs nothing, its just another 506 block. Either way, that's still a good deal :D

I say, $250!

Mine's not as rustyin the valley.:D

Attachments

• IMG_0496_2.jpg
    IMG_0496_2.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 2
Back