• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ops?

Canadian Rigger

Recruit
Reaction score
Long time no post, just been to busy with the other things life has to throw at me.

And of course i'm here looking for answers if anyone has them, i've just been outta touch to much on these things.

94 Blazer, coughed and died on me. Restarts when cold and seems to run ok, but as soon as it gets up to temp it starts to run real rough like its outta time and eventually sputters and dies. Crank the living crap outta it and once oil pressure comes up about half way on the gauge it'll fire up and run rough and die again, i managed to criple it home popping and farting all the way. I put in a new lift pump and filter but that wasn't it. Currently showing codes 18, 28 & 38. I removed the filter harness on the IP, i'm starting to wonder if the ops has given up on me.

Any input would be appreciated. As a matter of fact any 6.5 guru's in my area would have all the beer they want if they can fix it right away. I'm getting rid of all of them except my 00. I need reliable transportation!

DTC 18 is pump cam reference pulse error,
DTC 28 is transmission range pressure switch circuit,
DTC 38 is TCC brake switch stuck off

I thought I read on a post recently that was someone's symptoms when their ECT failed. I look around and see if I can find it.

Yep, I'd be looking at that, too.

CTS gives the PCM info about engine state and so controls some of the shifting functions and TCC lock (indirectly, but it does). The fact that it's fine until it gets to temp would indicate that your timing is not adjusting to engine temp from cold-start levels.

Just a theory, but we've had a few CTS issues around here lately, so it does come to mind... worth a try, Russ.

Take a look at some resistance values Chris posted a while back:

http://www.dieseltowingresource.com/showpost.php?p=5572&postcount=1

Jim

PS - if you're close, you might get Leo and I for beer... :) If you're in Lower East Overshoe again, you're SOL, pal.

I was thinking the coolant sensor at first, but when i unplugged it nothing changed? Thought it might fool it to thinking it was -40 but don't recall if thats only OBDII. I didn't think the codes were relavant to how it was running once warmed up.

Sounds wiring\connector related to me - the trans codes result from the lower harness to the trans - the DS4 code results from the engine harness, both connectored to the main PCM harness back there on the firewall behind the fuel manager cannister - look for frayed\bare\oxidized\corroded

Well me thinks me has it at least half figured out. With the lift pump running on a jumper into a 2 litre jug i have lots of air bubbles, like a freshly opened pepsi!

When i get the opportunity it looks like i'll be laying under the truck following lines and maybe dropping a fuel tank.

air in fuel without leaking must come from the vacuum side of the LP. Crappy FSU lines perhaps the entire FSU time for replacement.

It was sucking air where the lines follow the frame rail at the wheelwell, just replaced a section with hose.... running tickety boo now. Actually used the blazer after that on a 1800km towing trip to pick up my 00, ran like a top all the way, although it was a grunt towing that 00.

Good job, Russ! (I was looking forward to Leo and I coming to drink your beer, though). You could work on the truck, we could drink and applaud your efforts.

:D

We're good at drinking and applauding.

Good job, Russ! (I was looking forward to Leo and I coming to drink your beer, though). You could work on the truck, we could drink and applaud your efforts.

:iagree:

I wish you crawled under your truck and looked at that cross over,instead of drinking and aplauding.:rolleyes5:

I'm still waiting to hear from ye.

Back