• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Opinions on lmm

A chevy dealer told me the same thing after replacing tranny lines 2 months earlier. I think its bs personally. I think they don't want to do it because they only get like 60 cents on the dollar for warranty work from my understanding.

It's not bs, There are only 2 circumstances in which "crossline" warranty is permitted. The first is that you sold the vehicle used. The other is in an extreme emergency such as a weekend breakdown in your area. Some AVM's don't push it and some do. If it'a straightforward claim, it will pay. the computer doesn't care. If you submit for extra labor time or you are audited, the AVM has every right to deny or debit the claim if you violate policy and procedures.

For me, it comes down to risk benefit. Losing a tranny line or pinion seal claim? Oh Well. A set of injectors or head gaskets? I'll pass.

Back