• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Opinions on lmm

dmaxfan

Iliketomakewerewolfmovies
Reaction score
I was wanting someone who has owned or owns an LBZ and now owns an LMM to chime in and tell which the liked the best and how much better the economy is on the LBZ.

The reason I am asking is because the next time gm has 0% on 72 mo., I am thinking of swapping to get a better payment, and a brand new truck.:beer:

I am more than happy with mine. I had some fuel problems this winter, but stanadyne and a different fuel station seemed to help. I've also had some issues with my sunroof - but that was the installers (dumbasses) fault. Now it's all fixed. :D No issues with anything else. 23k on the clock. 0% for 72 is an AWESOME deal!! I wish I would have waited, but I got a hell of a deal on mine. Took me 4 days to get the deal done. Wouldn't go back to my 02 or any of my Dodges for anything. It's a pleasure to drive, the fit and finish is great, and it is VERY quiet. My mileage has been between 16 and 23 since day one, DPF still on. Hope this helps ya.

I am more than happy with mine. I had some fuel problems this winter, but stanadyne and a different fuel station seemed to help. I've also had some issues with my sunroof - but that was the installers (dumbasses) fault. Now it's all fixed. :D No issues with anything else. 23k on the clock. 0% for 72 is an AWESOME deal!! I wish I would have waited, but I got a hell of a deal on mine. Took me 4 days to get the deal done. Wouldn't go back to my 02 or any of my Dodges for anything. It's a pleasure to drive, the fit and finish is great, and it is VERY quiet. My mileage has been between 16 and 23 since day one, DPF still on. Hope this helps ya.

Thanks for the info.:beer:

I was hoping to find someone that has owned both the lbz and lmm to compare, but all info is appreciated.:pop2:

Ive driven both. Stock for stock. The LMM feels a little more powerful but not by much.

Take off the DPF and it sounds like they haul some ass.

The average mpg ive seen from guys is 12-14mpg w/DPF. remove the DPF and its supposed to get a heck of a lot better.

The LBZ and the LMM both store ECM changes. The LLY and LB7 didn't.

This is not true from what I understand. All of them have a checksum in them that a Tech 2 can see how many times it has been reflashed. Has to be a good tech though.

If you want to monkey with it, bring it home, pull the ECM and program another. Anything happens, put your stocker back in.;)

This is not true from what I understand. All of them have a checksum in them that a Tech 2 can see how many times it has been reflashed. Has to be a good tech though.

If you want to monkey with it, bring it home, pull the ECM and program another. Anything happens, put your stocker back in.;)

Agreed.

First diesel and like Tomrex said, IT ROCKS
uncork it (DPF delete) and it just gets sick mint!!
10 k on the clock , had the door adjusted for wind noise and I will be installing some noise stuff on hood liner and doors( not that is not pretty quiet already) its just on the highway at speed I like to think I in the Cadillac of diesel pickups and I am!:beer:

05 and Diesel Truck.... that stilll doesnt really work cuz things like regen frequency, number of regens etc are stored. Roll a LMM in with 10k miles and that stock ECM showing 1 or 2 regens and get the :eek: look :D

05 and Diesel Truck.... that stilll doesnt really work cuz things like regen frequency, number of regens etc are stored. Roll a LMM in with 10k miles and that stock ECM showing 1 or 2 regens and get the :eek: look :D

Thats one clean diesel! :D

:eek: look will happen, without a doubt...but all they can prove at that point is that the ECM's been changed. They cannot prove that there was a programmer on it. Oops, I accidentally cracked the housing on my ECM and replaced it with another one - that's not against the rules, is it?

If you have a good dealer you shouldnt need to find a way around the rules because theyll do it for you. But good luck finding one. I happen to be fortunate enough that I have one.

My trucks a GMC and theyre a chevy dealer so they arent supposed to do warrenty work on it. But what little warrenty I have, they do do the work on.

Otherwise its up to you to bend the rules. :D

I THINK ITS A GREAT TRUCK AND LIKE I SAY" OPINIONS ARE LIKE A$$HOLES, NO ONE NEEDS ANOTHER ONE." :D BUT FOR SURE ITS A GREAT TRUCK ONCE ITS UNCORKED(DPF DELETE)!!!!:beer:

If you have a good dealer you shouldnt need to find a way around the rules because theyll do it for you. But good luck finding one. I happen to be fortunate enough that I have one.

My trucks a GMC and theyre a chevy dealer so they arent supposed to do warrenty work on it. But what little warrenty I have, they do do the work on.

Otherwise its up to you to bend the rules. :D

A chevy dealer told me the same thing after replacing tranny lines 2 months earlier. I think its bs personally. I think they don't want to do it because they only get like 60 cents on the dollar for warranty work from my understanding.

I have had both the LBZ and the LMM. I cant be completely unbiassed because I have done so much more to my LMM. I can say this: Its really a matter of which style u like better, the LMM is a bit nicer, but both trucks are exceptional. The LBZ is the better way to go if u are considering them w/o modifications. If you are unwilling to remove the DPF on the LMM, then the LBZ is worth holding on to. If your LBZ is in great shape and has alot of miles left in it, then I would have to say that you might not find the switch to be worth the debt that it will cost you.

Back