• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Only 2-stroke additive until winter

Matt Bachand

Depends on the 6.5
Reaction score
As I premix my Power Service and my 2-stroke oil I notice the power service is cutting the 2-stroke super thin (my lubricant)... I am beginning to think this is countering the lube effect of the 2 stroke oil, as well as cutting the diesel. I am going to ditch the other additive and go only 2-stroke until winter time. Any thoughts / opionions?

how does the cut 2-stroke oil feel between your fingers? How does your diesel fel
el between your fingers when mixed?

You're putting a huge dilution into the 2-stroke (proportionally) before you are adding it to your fuel, but remember that the 2-stroke and the Powerservice are BOTH going into a rather large volume of diesel. The amount of 2 stroke in relation to the diesel (and PS, too) is what's still the same - no difference and you are not changing any lubrication benefit you are getting.

IIRC, the silver bottle of Power Service has:
Increased lubrication
Increased Cetane
Injector cleaning

And then a bunch of stuff caused by that, such as better economy and increased power, etc...

Has anyone here heard of a product/additive called 'D2'? It's like supercharging your fuel. 1 gal of D2 goes into 1000 gal of #2. You have to have an account with (I think) fuelman to get it - I used to work for a road contractor in Chicago - we would add it in the winter months.

I'll have to break down and get a fuel man card and get a some me thinks.

I add stanadyne power additive and 2 cycle oil at every fill up.
by the way, have you noticed diesel price dropping? one station near me is down $.30 a gallon since last week. ($4.69 a gallon now)

Personally, I use 1 gallon of soy-based biodiesel with each tankful. Runs a lot smoother, and according to the report at the other site, is the top lubricant choice.

Rob :)

4.75 at my station, it was hung up at 4.79 for the longest time... Didn't peak as high as you guys it seems, yet didn't drop 20 cents either....

When fuel prices drop is when the stations make all their money, they must hold the price for a period before they reflect their new lower cost.

Turbo Tahoe, wehre do you get the Bio Diesel you lube with? I heard its the best lube also.

I use a gallon or two of bio anytime I can get it. Other than that I am using Outwest's Opti-Lube XPD, which was the additive listed right below biodiesel. I am really happy with the results and while a gallon is $35, the summer dilution makes it fairly cheap.

4.75 at my station, it was hung up at 4.79 for the longest time... Didn't peak as high as you guys it seems, yet didn't drop 20 cents either....

When fuel prices drop is when the stations make all their money, they must hold the price for a period before they reflect their new lower cost.

Turbo Tahoe, wehre do you get the Bio Diesel you lube with? I heard its the best lube also.

Sorry for late reply - haven't been following this thread.

I get ASTM certified B99 from Sequential Biofuels in Oregon, http://sqbiofuels.com

Sincerely,

Rob :)

Back