• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

One piece rear main

SnowDrift

Ultra Conservative. ULTRA!
Reaction score
According to this, is it safe to say I can use a one piece rear main seal since my pan is a 1995?

Happy New Year SnowDrift. Ohio played a good game last night.
According to this, is it safe to say I can use a one piece rear main seal since my pan is a 1995?
Rear Main Seals. More to the point, Your block determines the seal you can use (one or two-piece), not the pan.
If the block you’re using is designed for the 2-piece rear main (like mine, a 660 cast 6.2L), you’re going to need a matching 6.2 pan. Just learned Missy’s points about pan differences at the rear main for myself.
FWIW, I had to have the SCAT crank turned down to accept the 2-piece seal so it would work in my block.

Happy New Year SnowDrift. Ohio played a good game last night.

Rear Main Seals. More to the point, Your block determines the seal you can use (one or two-piece), not the pan.
If the block you’re using is designed for the 2-piece rear main (like mine, a 660 cast 6.2L), you’re going to need a matching 6.2 pan. Just learned Missy’s points about pan differences at the rear main for myself.
FWIW, I had to have the SCAT crank turned down to accept the 2-piece seal so it would work in my block.
Yes, we watched that and missed the ball dropping which I actually enjoyed more (although they ran out of time).:happy:

The engine I'm asking about had a 2 piece rear main seal. The pan was that of a HMMWV. The block is a 2011 Optimizer. Based on what I'm reading, I already have what is needed for the 1 piece?

I don’t think it needs any coating applied.Just polished to a mirror like finish I would guess is all it needs.Maybe someone else might know the answer.

Just wondering about the scat crank journals….are those induction hardened?

Back