• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

One more NV4500 swap... hopefully with details and pics

Note sometimes the harsh starting and shut off vibration / engine movement would cause my dust cover to hit flywheel and it was quiet while running. Sometimes it would tick just a few times when I engaged or disengaged the clutch.

If its working and smooth I doubt I would tear it apart until it gave trouble.

Trying to compare difference between SMF clutch components for internal vs external slave looking at rockauto and advanced auto parts websites.

The only thing that may be mismatched is I think the pressure plate is different. I don't know what the difference is just that they list different numbers for the pressure plate. The flywheel appears to be the same.

I see a few different pictures of forks for the 93 and there may be a few differences in the pictures but I can't say its not just representative pictures.

That Schaeffler link has good info, thank you.

But you are still involving the clutch system. I have to refer you again to the first picture in post #5. The t/o bearing is properly installed to ensure the fork is lined up properly, there is no clutch involved and no flywheel involved but it's hitting the rib of the bell housing.

I think you're on to something with the forks but with no way right now to line them all up and compare, clearancing the bellhousing will have to suffice.

O.K. once all that fork stuff was dealt with, I bolted the bellhousing up, worked the tranny up on the jack and wiggled her up into place. Everything slid together real nice. I put a new transmission mount in as mine was split pretty good.
Like the guys said, the transfer case was a bugger but I did get it up there with the jack and then I manhandled it up and onto the splines. I bolted the drive shafts and skid plate up and put Dextron in the transfer case and the liquid gold in the tranny. What a friggen mess that was. I went through 5 cheap-ass pumps from NAPA and still didn't get it all in. I ended up using a turkey baster from the grocery store. Ridiculous. I need a good pump for that job.

Up above, I vacuumed everything, bolted up all the seals and trim and screwed the shifter on before lowering her down and rolling her out of her month long home.
I have a coolant leak at the crappy heater hose connection at the crossover but I took her for a spin anyway.

Everything was great! I still had loudish noise when the clutch is engaged but it seemed to be quieter after the run. we'll see over time, but it sure makes me nervous, I hope I'm not chewing something up. The new tranny is SO nice. I've been driving with bad 3rd and 4th syncros for 9 years now. It's nice to be able to just shift. And the clutch works perfectly too.

So far, so good!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Reactions: NVW
Back