• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Olds 350 D Jetronic derived analog injection system

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Reaction score
I was looking at a weekend cruiser 1976 Cadillac Seville with the Olds 350 'D Jetronic' derived analog injection system. (Gasoline) Other than the oxygenated gas requiring the system to be adjusted richer were the systems any good?
Was this system used from 1975 - 1979 or was it changed it in later years to something else?

I was looking at a weekend cruiser 1976 Cadillac Seville with the Olds 350 'D Jetronic' derived analog injection system. (Gasoline) Other than the oxygenated gas requiring the system to be adjusted richer were the systems any good?
Was this system used from 1975 - 1979 or was it changed it in later years to something else?

WarWagon,
I worked in Olds dealers and worked on a few of these engines in Caddys. The System is slow but ran well for the time. The Choke Heater would fail yearly and the vacuum hose to the ECM would rot away. Easy fix. The choke heater caused high idles and is located in the throttle body and a quarter turn removes it. Intake gaskets leaked (coolant and vacuum). Repairs are easy. Pull intake, use a sander and sand the alum clean. Sand the head surface the same way. Keep rags in valley to stop debris falling in. Use black silicone sealer and go around each port opening including the exh and coolants on BOTH sides. Use silicone on black end rails. Tighten and allow to dry.
The old EFI hesitated from stops and got 8 to 9 MPG. If you replaced it with a 4bbl carb you could get 15 to 17 mpg. Would be some work but. A 403 fits perfect too. Trans and Axle is good for 403 power.
Engine is Olds and will last 200k if cared for with Oil changes. Good Luck.

Back