• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

oldie - but good one

treegump

Romans 3:22-24
Reaction score
[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]my oldest sister said "[/FONT][FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]These photos remind me of some OOPS! photos we looked at way back in Agry 101...situations to avoid."[/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]The last thing this kid wants to see is...[/FONT][FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial] his Dad's pickup coming [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]over the hill!
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 14
  • image2.jpg
    image2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 13
  • image3.jpg
    image3.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 15
  • image4.jpg
    image4.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 9
  • image5.jpg
    image5.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 8
  • image6.jpg
    image6.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I've looked at those pics a dozen times...still can't figure out how that happened.
I'm thinking he was going juuuust the right (wrong) speed to get the whole mess galloping and lost it. Just happened to be in the worst possible spot.
I've had the experience of a whole line of equipment trailing behind get bouncy and believe me, you better get it under control right f***ing now or something else you didn't plan on will stop it for you.:eek:

Yeah, heaviest lashup I've driven is a JD 4960 with a Hesston 4790 baler in tow. The bounce a little bit but not bad, the worst is when it is about to drop a bale.

I'm thinking he was going juuuust the right (wrong) speed to get the whole mess galloping and lost it. Just happened to be in the worst possible spot.
I've had the experience of a whole line of equipment trailing behind get bouncy and believe me, you better get it under control right f***ing now or something else you didn't plan on will stop it for you.:eek:

No FF 'n kidding,As a 18yr old i was one day pulling a trackhoe on a lowboy behind a 40 hp tractor,was slow but steady going till i topped a bridge,going down hill proved a diff matter when the 20 T load started pushing me faster and faster,swaying like mad and no G dam way of slowing down or stopping it ,I just hung on for dear life:eek. Luckely there was a slight rise in the road ahead to slow me down again.I never attemted something like that again:nonod:

Last edited by a moderator:
No FF 'n kidding,As a 18yr old i was one day pulling a trackhoe on a lowboy behind a 40 hp tractor,was slow but steady going till i topped a bridge,going down hill proved a diff matter when the 20 T load started pushing me faster and faster,swaying like mad and no G dam way of slowing down or stopping it ,I just hung on for dear life:eek. Luckely there was a slight rise in the road ahead to slow me down again.I never attemted something like that again:nonod:

Simon, great story! That there is exactly why we don't recommend that people pull 15k loads with half- tons... It isn't the pulling that's the issue - it's the stopping!

Simon, great story! That there is exactly why we don't recommend that people pull 15k loads with half- tons... It isn't the pulling that's the issue - it's the stopping!
I got an other F up posted in "the fail tread" off topic,just as nerve racking(for me anyway), i'm a lucky man i'm still intact:smile5:

ive run 9630s with 18 forward gears, and they get going way faster then something with 12 tires needs to! :D

What a mess for sure. You were talking about taking a ride. Back in my heavy farming days I used an old 60's Case tractor with almost no brakes on it. I rode that bastard into the holler many a times holding on, driving it for what it was worth. And trust me where we use to farm at, it was not flatlands it was mountains.

Well a few weeks ago dad bought a 4X4 Massey Ferguson and I thought I was in hog heaven. A newer tractor with brakes and 4 wheel drive to beat it all. Dang its time to get some work out of it.

Back