• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Old Ironbull Bumper Vs. New Ironbull Bumper

RYDNHI4X4

Halt Halt Or I'll Release My Dog
Reaction score
1st two pics are the new bumper. Last two are the old bumper.

What does everyone think? The old bumper actually mounted up a lot easier and quicker. The new bumper you will see how much spacing (3/4") I had to use to get the bumper level with the rest of the truck. Mounting brackets were a pain in the ass and would probably never own another Ironbull Bumper.

Attachments

• DSC01974.jpg
    DSC01974.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC01981.jpg
    DSC01981.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 9
  • i63170.jpg
    i63170.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 8
  • i63172.jpg
    i63172.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC01975.jpg
    DSC01975.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC01978.jpg
    DSC01978.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC01976.jpg
    DSC01976.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 5
I like the looks of the new one better, The old one looks like you could go brushing with it. It should fit better than that.

Last edited:
The good thing was they did redesign the old bracket to something way better, but there customer service(Jesse Baldwin) is horrible. I keep trying to get a hold of Bill, but can't find him. There is a lot of other stuff about the old bumper I would like to release.

I think if / when my Bumper "Wears Out" I'll give Buckstop a shot.

$1700 is ALOT though for it, and that's why I didn't go with them this Time around. But I don't need all the stuff they give with the Classic, so maybe without it, it'll bring the Price Down.

Very true, those are pretty much all the bumpers I see here in TX.

James it's funny that when I see your avatar I almost think that I am looking at my truck by lowered. LOL

Looks pretty good Steve. Having to put the spacers in there is lame though...:nono:

I still like the old one better, but I am sure the new one will grow on me especially after and when I decide to get a winch.

I still have it sitting in the garage. Ironbull want's me to cut it up and sell the scrap metal. They DO NOT want me to resale it.

I wouldn't sell it, You will get more money out of it by reselling it to someone else at a good price than what junkyard metals are going for right now. Why would they want you to scrap it???? Strange....

New Rear Bumper

I decided to go with Bodyguard's rear bumper for my 2008 Chevy DMax. It is less radical than some of the other designs and blends in much better.
The fit exactly matches stock. There was no shimming or adapting.

Grant and Kelli are great to do business with!

K

Attachments

• IMG_1953.jpg
    IMG_1953.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1954.jpg
    IMG_1954.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 7
Found out that it's a wrinkle look powdercoat. E-mailed them to find out if they would sell one in raw metal.

I think thats one of the best looking aftermarket back bumpers I've seen yet.

If I ever go the after market route for a set of bumpers that's gonna be the vendor. That's really nice....

not gonna lie....that is a pretty sweet rear bumper....and steve I do like the way the new one looks a lot better than the old one..

Back