• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Old iron

bison

Reaction score
Me on my 1950 AC HD10-w crawler(We where born in the same yr).I had it for 17 yrs,I sold it a couple day's ago.

Attachments

• me and my old AC HD 10-w.JPG
    me and my old AC HD 10-w.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 27
Oh man... it would have hurt me to let go of something that had been in the family that long. Tres cool piece of hardware, that.

Kinda like this oddball unit... extra points if anyone actually knows what it is. Getting pretty close to a century old. Still sits at my cousin's ranch, would probably fire right up with a little tlc.

IMG_2285.jpg

One can't keep it forever,i don't want it to end up in the smelter.
I feel bad enough already.

BTW i have no clue what the thing in your pic is,would be helpfull to see the other side

Texas style by the looks of it:hihi:

Heh... no kidding.

Awesome guess, NVW. Right on the money. It's a Drube stacker, and is used for exactly what you suggest... though usually it was used to stack the hay into those big old school wooden hay bins out in the pasture. Apparently there's quite an art to getting it just right, so that the high stack won't slide off, and so that snowmelt will run off without spoiling the hay.

With the new rolled bales, not much use for them anymore.

Actually it wasn't much of a guess, we made loose stacks until the early 70's. I was on top of one as early as I can remember packing the hay down. Ours was all metal though on a Farmhand loader.

Simon, did you use the old girl to clear your brush when you moved to the Peace?

Simon, did you use the old girl to clear your brush when you moved to the Peace?
I bought it in grande prairie in 93,same yr i purchased the ranch.
I cleaned out 30 yrs off acumulated manure from the corral system with it,there was enough shit to cover half a section. (gawd the place was a mess)
I also cleared 15 miles of fence line and pushed the 3500 posts for the new fence in with it. and used it for other odds and ends.
She's been good to me,never had a breakdown

Didn't do to much clearing cause it had no canopy.The overhead dozer bar was in the way to build one.

I'm chiming in kind of late here, but nice looking old dozer, and it looks like you took good care of it, too. Bet you hated to let it go, but that new ASV should help you get over it. I bought a D7E a few weeks ago for the same purposes as yours.

I, too, knew Red's tool was a stacker. An uncle had a farmhand years ago, but I don't remember it being that big. He used his for a scaffold platform more than for putting up hay.

Did you build that post pusher shown on the side? Did you sharpen the posts?

Yes i did build the pusher,the swing pin at the bottom is 3 1/2" solid shaft.

i used sharpened posts,without the point you will just lift the cat of the ground,even the D7

Yes i did build the pusher,the swing pin at the bottom is 3 1/2" solid shaft.

i used sharpened posts,without the point you will just lift the cat of the ground,even the D7

That was pretty ingenious of you. It must have worked pretty good. I pushed some steel posts in the ground with my skid loader a couple weeks ago and thought I was pretty clever doing that. I put in a quarter mile of them in less than two hours with a helper. Even at that there were probably a dozen that had to be pounded the rest of the way with the driver. I've seen sharpened posts on the internet, but don't know of a source around home. How deep were you putting them in? Have you had any experience with skid steer mounted hydraulic drivers?

All they sell around here are pointed fence post.
the ones i used wher 8' tall,up to 6" dia and they where 3' deep when the blade hit the ground.

For the skidsteer there are vibrating pounders to be had.They claim they will vibrate a flat bottom 8x8 in frozen ground.
Google 'vibrating post pounders.

I only used pull type pounders,I don;t like them cause you shatter the posts when the going in gets hard.

Today i use the wheel loader with in the bucket a 5000 lb loose block of concrete the shape of the bucket. that works good too.

Back