• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ok...now im totally stumped!

AC delco "should" be same, but most likely won't fit an aftermarket sending unit. Got a picture of it?

AC delco "should" be same, but most likely won't fit an aftermarket sending unit. Got a picture of it?

Not yet..i will be picking it up tomorrow. As for the sending unit its being fitted to im using original GM parts there. Unless either the donor truck or my truck have been fitted with aftermarket units along the way.

You should be good to go then.

Cool

I know it seems like me and my buddy are doing a TON of work on this to solve the problem but instead of getting pissed at the truck like i would have on other vehicles that have given me this much grief. Im actually welcoming this...well the challenge of it anyway..Im learning more and more about these trucks as this drags on and after this problem is finally licked. I will have a lot more knowledge about the 6.5 powered trucks which i can apply to future builds for one...and know how to diagnose and maintain the Sierra in the future.

Ok quick question. Will it hurt anything to have two Ts inline between the FFM and the IP? Just asking since i plan on installing an under hood Fuel pressure gauge tomorrow. But i do plan on adding an electronic in cab one later on. However i want to keep the under hood mechanical one installed as a back up. Can i safely have both the mechanical FP gauge on one T and add a second T later for the electronic gauges sending unit? More then likely when i add the second T i would use a threaded connector to make it one piece with the original one. so it would look something like this:

FFM >------T-T------> IP

You can have as many tee's as you want. Want one for the back seat drivers too!!:hihi:

Should be no problem.

Cool! Yea..after this fueling mess...Im all about having backups when possible lol. If i can i might see if i can get a fitting that will fit my FFM to put one of the Ts directly on it and one closer to the IP. But i guess time will tell lol

You can have as many tee's as you want. Want one for the back seat drivers too!!:hihi:

Lol!

Well...after a bit more trouble shooting and talking to the owner of a local Diesel shop it has been determined that my injector pump may very well be worn right out. Considering it has almost 500k on it due to being the trucks original ip that is a pretty good possibility. Plus im having starting issues which are indicating that my glow plugs are on their way out. Do you guys have any recomendations for what injectors and glow plugs I should look at getting?