• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

OK, no bullshit...transfercase fluid you have used

richard cheese

the MAIN muff hugga
Reaction score
I am seriously in need of changing my tcase fluid....i posted a thread on "the site that shall remain nameless" and got a bunch of dumbasses' opinions, not the fluids they use

Seriously....

please list the year of your truck and what fluids you use

NO OPINIONS PLEASE...JUST YEAR OF TRUCK AND FLUID

THANKS

99 1/2 ton 5.3 autotrans auto 4WD
05 2500 HD D-max/Allison push button 4WD

Both have Mobil 1 5W30, 3 qts, filled through the rear ABS sensor hole.
Did both well over a year ago.

Amsoil syn Dextron ATF in the 01, 06 is due it will get the same, 08 is factory fill, only 4k miles on her. Difs are all 85w90 Amsoil syn.

01' push button Tcase...
I think Transynd...I guess since I cant remember I'm due to change it...

2001 LB7 - 2 qts Dex III equivalent ATF (Amsoil 2000 Synthetic ATF) for 3 changes until I got the pump rub wear-through at 124,000 miles. Been running 3 qts of Mobil 1 5W30 synthetic motor oil since.

My 2007 classic has this in the transfer case:
asl_qt_300pxh.jpg

Both the trucks in my signature are push button transfer cases and have the GM fluid bought from the dealership.

I am using mobil one tranny fluid also but since the tranny build I am considering using transynd because I have it on hand. I know that transynd is supposed to be the cats meow for the alli but I am wondering if it has the same benefits when used in the T-case?

Back