• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

OK need some opinions...

dmaxfireman

'Can Do' kindof Guy
Reaction score
The guys I drive for are looking for a new tow rig. We deliver 9 1/2' tall 19-22' long enclosed trailers so the deck has to be 3' or lower. They are looking for a used car hauler that we can load one trailer on the deck on with a winch and tow another trailer behind on the bumper. Anybody know of something like this for sale or send me in a general direction. Already google'd commercial truck sales and came up with one thats perfect but its gonna be a little too expensive.

http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/detail.aspx?OHID=1553284&guid=1a241b62d39f4f99aff2c024879ae985

Any help is appreciated!!!

-Kyle

Last edited:
I have never seen a car hauler truck bed 3 ft or less in height. A lowboy gooseneck would do it.

are these 5th wheels/goosenecks or bumper pulls ?,,if there 5th/goosenecks you can tow them 2 in a row on the ground

nope they are bumper pulls. i wish there was a way to load/unload them on a fifth wheel lowboy. its easy to get them on with a winch just cant figure out how to get them off.

A lot of the trailer dealers have a forklift to lift them off and the manufacturers forklift them on to the trailer. If you winch them on you can winch them off. I assume you are using a wheel on the tongue jack or some other way to winch roll the tongue jack onto the trailer. Use a pulley to translate the pull of the winch to the rear trailer bumper. It is done a lot by transporters.

The best trailer setup for hauling trailers on a trailer is a center winch and trailer jack stands on a chain or cable mechanism. Many 3 - 4 car wedge trailers and flatbed trailers are available to haul multiple trailers.

If you have a doubles endorsement on your cdl and a dolly you can haul two gooseneck trailers or a goose-bumper tow. You have state by state restrictions on length and type hitch setup but many horse trailers are hauled that way. Cargo trailers are hauled on flatbed or a wedge trailer because they are all tongue or bumper pulls.

Back