• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

ok guys a few questions...water/meth,pulling, strip

94black6.5

Reaction score
hello everyone again ...anyway who out there is running water/meth i know alot have water but is anyone adding a 20% mix of meth if so what kinda hp numbers are yall looking at? and is anyone else pulling your 6.5s this year if so throw ur numbers up here i have pulled once and got a 176 then popped a front tire i was running in 2nd wide open love my manual:cool: also anyone run these on the strip? i do for fun and so people can see a 6.5 lol i get high 12s in 1/8th mile now everyone abduct my post lol:skep:

I pulled mine once sofar this year but the organization I pulled with was useing a crappy drop sled. I am going to another pull in August that has a nice transfer sled. Ill see how she does there. There is a video of it in the Sled Pulling section.

I use 10-20% methanol in mine, but I dont spray a lot of water. I prefer very fine mist and moderation of water, so I use two small nozzles, a 150cc and a 300cc that come on in stages. It was more complicated than it needed to be so then I just used the 300cc for a while, and did notice a little differnce in IATs from less water, and I use 120psi on the pump, so it does push a little more than 300cc per minute and better atomization. It does help for power and economy, but I dont use a lot like others, like 1 gallon of water to 5 gallons of fuel. On a sled pull I imagine you would want more WMI though, like two 300cc nozzles (others do more, but bigger not necessarily needed) both going full at anything over 4psi. The smaller nozzles are for better atomization so it can more quickly absorb heat and also not cause any pooling of water that could be bad.

Back