• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

oil pressure

sam2500

Reaction score
my oil pressure is pegged out 120. Iv put in a new cluster . but now today while driving to work it went nuts from 0 to 120 .any help guys im leaning to maybe a bad ground or short. could the sending unit do this.

my 96 1500 z71 did the same thing...turned out there was only about 2 quarts of oil in it. you checked your oil level?

Yes old and new cluster seems to be working corret . It did this after i changed my oil and noticed it one day while driving first thoght was bad oil filter so i put on a new so that wasnt it and was full of oil so then new cluster and thats not it thanks guys for the replies

Yes old and new cluster seems to be working corret . It did this after i changed my oil and noticed it one day while driving first thoght was bad oil filter so i put on a new so that wasnt it and was full of oil so then new cluster and thats not it thanks guys for the replies

Do you have any other way to montor your oil pressure? ie: scan tool, or does your six gun tuner have the pda? If you do, try monitoring it when your oil pressure guage goes haywire and see what it shows.

OK it was the oil pressure sending unit pain in the but to change just no working room and was around $65

Back