• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil Pressure switch

whatnot

Reaction score
It looks like my oil pressure switch is dieing again. What is a decent brand to get. I am on the second one from Carquest. I need one with 2 spade push on connectors. (not a grounding one)
It is running fm100 pumps which don't let fuel through when not running.

Get an AC Delco one. I know they're not cheap, but on other vehicles they seem to be the best quality. I'm assuming this is the stock one? If not, ignore this, lol.

Get an AC Delco one. I know they're not cheap, but on other vehicles they seem to be the best quality. I'm assuming this is the stock one? If not, ignore this, lol.
Is there a stock one at all? I added one. I just went to Carquest and they looked through the book for one. I am wondering if what I have been getting isn't rated for enough pressure. (100PSI or whatever the Duramax makes cold)

usually Dmaxes max at about 80 psi cold and settle at about 35psi hot (idle). Not exact for each but somewhere close to these figures

Oil pressure gauge? Our 02 Suburban and 05 Duramax each have one, so i can only assume your 02 has one. It's the bottom left of the 4 small gauges in the cluster, right next to the speedometer.

Yes it has a pressure gauge but that runs off a pressure sender (varies resistance).
I need a switch. (closes circuit at a couple psi)
I am going to probably just go to a different parts store and get whatever brand they sell and see how it holds up.

Back