• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil Life Question

upbrakie

Recruit
Reaction score
I bought my truck at the beginning of April. It had 52800 miles on it. The oil life in the DIC said 91% remain when I bought it. It has gone down incrementally since, but yesterday I was driving around and it said change oil soon and showed an oil life of 0%. The last I remember, it was at about 78% remaining a few days ago. I only have put 2,000 miles on it, and the oil change sticker from the dealer says good to 55700, making me assume that they changed it right before I bought it. I'm wondering if I need to change the oil immediately or disregard the DIC and change it on schedule. The service department at the dealer I bought it at said that they may not have got the oil life meter reset right, but it showed 91% remain when I bought it. I'm kinda scratching my head on this one. Thanks!

I've got no problem changing the oil as I had already bought all of the filters and the oil already. I guess what I want to know is what would cause the DIC to go from 75% oil life to 0% in a days time.

Back