• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

oil leaks !?!

sshewins

Jesus Freak
Reaction score
A breif rewind: I changed the heads with redone ones this past summer. It ran pretty good so far. However, it just recently need a top off of coolant. No biggie, but I started wondering - why? Well today, I added the needed amount and let it idle up a little and to my supprize, there was a a small amout (about 1/2" by 1/4") of bubbles/foaming where the turbo sits on the manifold :eek:. I didn't use a gasket. I've not changed the tuna can either (only have put about 5000 miles or so since we got it last year). There is no hardening of the upper radiator hose, no foaming in the cooland reservoir, nothing that would indicate another bad head gasket. I am using synthetic oil.

Could this possibly be normal? :confused: Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Oil or water bubbles??? Sorry confused. Title says oil leaks but you are topping off coolant.

Good point. It was kinda watery oilish (maybe a little fuel thrown in for good measure). I haven't had the time to really check it to be 100% sure, but its watery oilish. Black in color.

First thing is to check the turbo oil drain is open. If any gunk get in there an slows down the drain you will blow the seals out in a heartbeat.

Back