• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

oil cooler

just a number

Reaction score
ok guys here's the scenario.

I've got an aftermarket cooler with an adapter at the filter. the original ports are looped together. I have to redo the loop section in order to clear the clutch.

my question is,would it be better to just use the original 3/8" ports or keep the 1/2" with the adapter? would it make any difference to the engine or cooler or the the 1/2" just overkill anyway?

any opinions/ suggestions?

Personally, I would use the stock location and keep 1/2 size lines. To clear the clutch linkage, you could use some aeroquip fittings or equivilent and thread the fittings into the stock locations. The aeroquip style fittings use 2 wire hydraulic hose and the fittings can be reused and screw together. Early 82's actually used this style of hose from the factory, before they figured out they could go cheap.

well I got a break. one hydraulic shop near me carries 3/8 pipe into 1/2 barb. neat and easy setup. now I just have to get the time to put them in.:mad2:

Back