• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil cooler connector

matuva

Tropical 6.5er
Reaction score
New Caledonia. An island in south west pacific, cl
We're on the way to install a Ted's 6.2l in a 1997 K1500. Everything is going fine, but we forgot one thing: the 1997 K1500 uses high flow hoses which are bigger than the oil lines found on 6.2l and early 6.5ls...

Soooo, we have to match the 1997 oil cooler lines with the smaller oil cooler line connectors found on the 62l...

We so need connectors which can bolt on the 6.2l block (3/8 if I'm correct), and can receive the 1997 cooler hose , 14 NPT x 18.2 mm on the hose side.

Of course, we could cut and weld, but we like to have nice parts if they exist

Any body knows if such connector exist, where to find them, part #?

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of too...

I know the opposite does exist, I mean connector which bolts on a 506 block, and allows to use small lines from a 141 or a 599. I have found them for the install of my 6.5l Ted's on my Blazer.

But I wasn't sure about the ones I need to install a 660 in place of a 506... Thought I should ask though.

I can set you up with the step up/down in fitting sizes. (do it all the time) People change engines from older trucks to newer need the same. I sell a few kits a week like that.
I have just the fittings or complete kit on my site.

I can set you up with the step up/down in fitting sizes. (do it all the time) People change engines from older trucks to newer need the same. I sell a few kits a week like that.
I have just the fittings or complete kit on my site.

I Will check what I need, depending on the year of the 3 trucks still to receive a 6.2l, and I'll PM you ASAP

Back