• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

OBD I chip/eprom who what where when and how

I'm guessing VDOT special ordered them for their fleet, engine compartment was clean but wasn't cleaned up, fresh matching batteries but wrong size, belt looked new, AC worked, the only thing wore out was the passenger seat ;) uses very little oil, minor prob with the oil press sw not sending to lift pump but you guys fixed that.

will have pics tomorrow

Yeah, Al, all I've seen in standard equip in pickups (newer than 94) were DS4 pumps, but I just can't remember seeing an N/A 6.5 (newer than 94) in anything but a van. Like I said, I'm very curious!

makes me want to get my flash light out and go look, make my son use that expensive camera that santa got him

Do it!

Or you could just run out and look at the data plate on the pump.

It'll either start off with DB2-xxxx or DS4-xxxx.....

or....just stagger out and have a look at your fuel (gas pedal) pedal.... if it looks like a box with a reostat in it, it is DS4, if it is a cable that goes thru the fire-wall it is DB2... Merry Chrishmas eveyone......LOL.

I don't have to when I was replacing the floor mats and cleaning I noticed no cable and looked like a potentiometer . first time I ever saw a throttle set up like that. so I have a DS 4 which means......what?

looks just like this

DSC04260.jpg

Well, I'd say that settles that.

DS4 on a non-turbo 6.5 in 1995.

You probably can have it "tuned" to give more fuel and slightly better performance, but you're limited by the non turbo aspect.

Good new is a turbo is probably a simple bolt on a re-chip affair.

Or keep it NA and enjoy better MPG.

Your choice.

Merry Xmas.

You can get that with a turbo motor. I was just thinking if you were up around 22-24mpg then I would not mess with it and enjoy very good MPGs

You are still OBDI in 95.

With the F manifold I have it is for a turbo set up. I also have most of the turbo system if you need.

That Manifold is definitely on my wish list, after I get this beast to breath easier I'll see where I'm at. So far the heaviest thing I had in the back is a load of groceries and a dog

Back