• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

O2 Simulators

JiFaire

Lieutenant
Staff member
Lead Moderator
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get a set of O2 simulators for a late-90s Ford f150 v6 pickup? My son-in-law had his cats clog up on him (again) and so we just chopped 'em out for the meantime.

We would like to just leave them chopped out, but of course that gives him the omnipresent dash light. Alberta has no law requiring them to be installed...

Ive never really heard of them, but have you tried summit racing? They always seem to have things I cant find any where else...

Try Caspers Electronics. I got them from him for my Chevy, I'm sure he would have stuff for Fords.

Thanks, Maxx! I looked on their site and couldn't find one.. then I googled it. I found an EPA court Case where Casper electronics got fined $74,000 for selling them

Today's settlement, the first of its kind, requires Casper's to stop selling electronic devices-known as oxygen sensor simulators or "O2 Sims"-recall the devices, and pay more than $74,000 in civil penalties to the United States. An O2 Sim tricks an automobile engine's computer into sensing a properly functioning emission control system, even when the catalytic converter is missing or faulty. These "after-market" sensors are considered illegal "defeat devices" under the federal CAA.

Hmmm. Sorry if I asked you guys to find me info on something illegal. It ain't illegal here, so I guess I'll have to order off ebay.

Thanks anyway!

In Volkswagen land, we just use a couple of spark plug anti-fouling adapters found at your local auto parts store with all the 'Help!' branded stuff to move the after-cat sensor slightly out of the exhaust stream. You have to drill the bottom of one out and stack it on top of the other one with the small hole to get the clearance for the sensor. Works like a champ. No more check engine light. I don't see any reason you can't do the same thing on a truck. Only costs about 3 bucks to try it.

Just to continue on it, O2 sims are....

Legal to own.

Illegal to use, buy, sell, or install.

Now, for scientific research, if you look hard enough, you can find a schematic. At one time, I had made one from a PIC controller that even fooled the dealership computers. It was a one off project, and I don't have it anymore. It is not terribly complicated.

Last edited:
Back