• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

O Rings for the 6.2

6.2 turbo

Reaction score
I got both heads of the 6.2, I had the solicor gaskets,and it was blown in the drivers rear,I still think these are better than the graphite,these will blow in all 4 corners. I am going to experiment with orings and stock thickness victor rienze 4021 ,with flipped fire rings. There is a NADM event on july 17 at Numidia Raceway,and I am thinking of taking the truck there for a dyno run. Also thinking of using head bolts,getting tired of threading the studs in and out,tired of pulling the heads also.

I think last year it was $75 for 3 pulls on the dyno. I would love to see 400hp,but I kinda doubt it, I would guess its more like 300hp at the flywheel.

Got the pass side o rings done,had to put short handles on the tool for the rear cyl.

are those diy modded pistons ? good luck on the shiny dyno hope it leaves a few black oil drips on there .

I did the pistons with a 4" grinder and also a 3" cut off wheel. I think these pistons are costing me horsepower. I'm a little worried about what might happen on the dyno, it could leave more than oil drops.

I got all the o rings in, now I'm debating on swapping to 6.5 heads and or cutting the prechambers for even lower compression. :nono:

Today I put the heads on,same ones, and used the studs,torqued to 130 ft lbs,I used rtv on the threads and Indian head shelac on the fire rings and the front and rear water ports.

Did you torque them in sequence, in steps?

I wouldnt lower compression any more, your custom pistons will have done that enough. How deep did you cut, about 1/8"? and thats about 3-1/4" diameter?

I did them in 4 steps. I have done them with more steps already. Do you think I should retorque after I run it some ? I never have,because I would have to remove pretty much stuff.

Would you loosen a little and retorque,or just check if the torque is still the same ?

Worked on the 6.2 all day,and got it running. Now it sounds like the bearings are bad,and it has no power, I only drove it about 1/2 mile. Even when I had it running in the shop ,something seemed a little strange. I blame myself for not flushing the motor with diesel fuel,before putting new oil in,no doubt there was grindings in the pan from cutting the o ring groves. Guess I'll pull the pan and check the crank and bearings. I cut a filter apart and there is aluminum grindings but no cast iron.

I pulled the pan, the center 3 mains are spun. For a long time it would screach when cranking , at least I know I didn't create this problem today,though it probably got worse. I wonder if my girdle had anything to do with this,or just a coinsidence that the bad bearings are only on the girdled mains.

Back