• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Nv4500 rattle Noise at idle

fly wheel has nothing to do with the 5th gear, completly different side of the tranny. The 5th gear on ours doesnt have much if any stress on it, I have heard of any issues with it. I have had my 300K mile abused tranny apart and 5th gear was fine.

5th gear nut can come loose,seen it twice,..caused whine and hard shifts on both.

Mine were both tight sob's! But if say it has happened then i guess it can. Anything different about those 2 trucks that might cause this?

Talking to the NV4500 guru at blumenthals the only reason for GM 5th gear nut failure is improper assembly and they dont see it very often on GM's.

I just want to know if maybe it was high HP, racing, Towing heavy, or ???? that could cause increased chance of failure. I have been stalled out on my builds waiting for arts and just got my last box yesterday and am wanting to build it so that this might not happen.

It were just ordinary run of the mill stock canadian trucks,doing what normal trucks do,pulling a trailer on occasion and haul groceries.
Only diff may be, they were both dahoolies

Probably already thought of this but. If all PTO cover bolts are through holes could fill then add another qt or to top of top PTO cover bolt which ever comes first.

It were just ordinary run of the mill stock canadian trucks,doing what normal trucks do,pulling a trailer on occasion and haul groceries.
Only diff may be, they were both dahoolies

Hmm my 93's a dually and my 3500's dont fit normal run of the mill trucks, they both live life with a trailer behind them. Maybe they didnt have balancers?

Back