• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

nv4500 DMF conversion

chevyk3500

Reaction score
Hi everyone i recently purchased a 94 k2500 and the dmf exploded on me so now i am looking to convert it to a solid flywheel. what i am wondering is instead of buying a kit from online can i go into Napa and ask for a flywheel and clutch for a later year truck with a SMF setup? and responses would help me out alot! thanks

Yes you can go to napa, Carquest and get a flywheel and a clutch. Napa has luk clutch and Carquest has sach. The cost is around 450 give or take for both the flywheel and clutch.

Well i found a solid flywheel at oreillys for 159.99 and then im going to napa for a clutch becuase through my work i can get it for 191.99 just was makin sure that that was all i needed for the smf conversion

^x2

very helpful thread. we all found out the little Kent moore tool helps out quite a bit.

basically yes, all you need is a clutch for 92-95 with the SMF (different than 96+ with the different slave cyl. arrangement) and a new SMF flywheel, and you are good to go!

and congrats on owning a 5 speed equipped 6.5L, a fun truck to own and drive!

Back