• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

NV4500 bellhousing: look what i found!

@tanman_2006 I thought I saw one before, turns out I did. Too bad the link is not good anymore.

To everyone else, I found another 92-95 NV4500 cast bellhousing and luckily got it tied down.

I will try to get pics when it shows up.

Gotta harness all that 6.5L power somehow. For such a "gutless" engine, I can sure go through aluminum bellhousings. :) we have at least 3 bad ones on the place, and I got a 4th bad one on a truck deal.

I still need to find out more one bracing brackets for the aluminum ones, but it appears there is no bracing bracket provisions for the cast iron version.

@tanman_2006 I thought I saw one before, turns out I did. Too bad the link is not good anymore.

To everyone else, I found another 92-95 NV4500 cast bellhousing and luckily got it tied down.

I will try to get pics when it shows up.

Gotta harness all that 6.5L power somehow. For such a "gutless" engine, I can sure go through aluminum bellhousings. :) we have at least 3 bad ones on the place, and I got a 4th bad one on a truck deal.

I still need to find out more one bracing brackets for the aluminum ones, but it appears there is no bracing bracket provisions for the cast iron version.

Did ya get any pics yet, have ya used it.... theirs one on ebay now buy it has been welded, I'm looking for a early style one myself....

Ran across this site while looking for what the consensus was as to what tranny oil to put in the NV4500 that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, but after I registered I lost the thread and ran across this one, if only would have known about the NV before I bought the truck huh, hell I love my truck even with all it's faults, I broke my bell a little over a year ago, finally found one at a salvage yard in Chicago, I lived in NM at fthe time, I don't remember what I filled it with, but the plug started leaking and I need to top it off, what ever I put in it has been working fine, worked just as good after I put it back in, still jumps out of 4th if I don't leave my hand on it, only jumps out when I let off the gas, other than that it's great. Had no idea they made steel ones, wish I could of found one, but I felt lucky to find the one I did cause it took awhile to find it.

I've always been partial to full synthetic lubes simply because the don't break down at the temperatures these transmissions operate at like dino lubes do IMO and if trans leaks plan too reseal and replace worn parts.

There are several aftermarket remedies for cooling if running dino lubes like different sized heat ex-changers the best I've seen is a remote mounted fin/plate cooler braided hose w/pump, filter to circulate the lube from trans to cooler and back.

Back