• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

nv3500 inplace of nv4500

chevyCowboy

I might be crazy but i ain't dumb
Reaction score
well i may have a new to me millitary 6.2 by fri hopefully. i have a good nv3500 setting around and my nv4500 needs rebuilt a buddy is ganna help but not sure when it will get done and i want my truck back i miss the cowboy cadillac. my question is will the nv3500 work behind a 6.5 well iguess it will be a 6.2TD will that tranny take the tourqe. it will just be untill i get the other one put back together i know the bell housings are the same. ???
thanks

I ran a nv3500 behind my cummins and broke 5th gear twice, before that it was behind a
400 sbc about 300hp,they are pretty strong,I broke my nv4500 5th gear clutch ring 3 times and countershaft once,cant imagine a 6.2 turbo breaking the nv 3500 unless you abuse it,the nv 4500 is longer, the nv3500 gear spacing is closer which would be nice for the 6.2, I think the nv3500 is rated for 300 ft lbs,I had a spec clutch that was rated for 600 ft lbs,and it was slipping, behind the cummins .

I ran a nv3500 behind my cummins and broke 5th gear twice, before that it was behind a
400 sbc about 300hp,they are pretty strong,I broke my nv4500 5th gear clutch ring 3 times and countershaft once,cant imagine a 6.2 turbo breaking the nv 3500 unless you abuse it,the nv 4500 is longer, the nv3500 gear spacing is closer which would be nice for the 6.2, I think the nv3500 is rated for 300 ft lbs,I had a spec clutch that was rated for 600 ft lbs,and it was slipping, behind the cummins .

when you say longer you mean the gears or the tranny its self

Sorry I screwed it up a little,The I think the nv4500 is longer in total length ,I guess it holds true for the gear spacing also,the nv3500 is a perfect match to the 4l60e in length, I swapped a 4l80 for a nv4500 and the rear shaft is kinda tight,had to make a new front one, the only time I swapped a 3500 to 4500 was behind the cummins and its the dodge one and they use a shorter t case adapter than chevy,that ended up being shorter than the 3500, you better measure both to know for sure.

Sorry I screwed it up a little,The I think the nv4500 is longer in total length ,I guess it holds true for the gear spacing also,the nv3500 is a perfect match to the 4l60e in length, I swapped a 4l80 for a nv4500 and the rear shaft is kinda tight,had to make a new front one, the only time I swapped a 3500 to 4500 was behind the cummins and its the dodge one and they use a shorter t case adapter than chevy,that ended up being shorter than the 3500, you better measure both to know for sure.

i guess im ganna have to do that it will have to wait though they are both at my brothers house:D he dosent use all the space he has any way

Back