• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

NV 4500 Swap

vonderheide

Reaction score
I have a 91 2500 4x4 that had a nv3500 in it and that tranny went out so I bought another 91 parts truck that had a nv4500 when I put it in I did clutch the hole 9 when I was do the clutch was real stiff the it got so had to push it was bending the clutch pedal push rod so I tried bleeding the petal is rock hard so I pulled the slave out and tried pushing the clutch with it out and still a rock then I looked in the inspection hole and it looks like the fork is sitting way to for back but not sure where it is suppose to sit normal.

When I was done my clutch is hard as hell to push so hard it is bending the clutch push rod so I put new master and slave in still hard and I just cracked the new master I think I am beating my head on the wall any ideas or help appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many moons since playing with them. So, just a couple ideas.

Is there a difference in the pushrods length? Different throw out bearing/arm?

the linkage must be bound (binded) you know. or I suppose the throw-out bearing is stuck. pressure plate, you get the idea, one of those probably isn't moving.

the fork must be in the correct way and attached to the throw-out bearing properly: examine closely. im not sure if the forks interchange.

Back