• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

now this is happening,,,wiper stutteren

looks like the blades themselves. when i use rain-x on mine or was using their blades, they would skip, as if they were dry, even in the rain.

X2. Thats how it goes here all the time. Heavy rain for 10-15 minuets, then enough drizel to do what you have there.

I do use the rainX wiper jiz,,, what I'm wondering is maybe the wiper motor, at 180,000 miles is getting enough play in the parts, to cause this. Either motor it self, or maybe the little plastic cups on the linkage
Arms. It has only really started over the last few months. Annoying for the most part. thanx ak yep still around,,like a doughnut. the ol gal has been doing great.

replace the blades after using glass cleaner to remove the rain-x. see if it still happens.

On the extreme side: You can pull the cowl, the black plastic between the hood and windshield, off and inspect then grease the linkage pivot points. I did this to eliminate squeaking as mine had dried out.

Ya know how you can lift the blade off the windshield to clean it with a squeegee... i dont remember if your can "lock" up in the air away from the windshield. If so, pull them somthey stay off the windshield and run it.

If it chatters the problem is the motor or in the linkage. If the chatter is gone it is the friction of the blades against the windshield.

Back