• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Now that I have new slightly larger tires...need opinions on slight lift...

Odlaw

Redneck
Reaction score
Torsion bars are already cranked, but I've got slight rubbing on the back inside of the fender wells. I've already trimmed off the plastic valance on the front of the fenders.
Same deal as with tires, this truck still needs to work and I don't want a 6" lift or anything crazy like that. Was looking into torsion keys and wanted to get y'alls thoughts on them or any other suggestion you might have as far as how I can lift it enough to prevent the rubbing. I know it's an option but I'm not big on body lifts either...but would consider it....

Thanks again
Smitty

I have torsion keys from Ready Lift on my 01 work truck. It leveled the front end up perfect. They been on the truck for around five years now and have had no issues at all.

My 01 work truck, I am still running 265's, I just wanted the level look. I had 305's on my 04 with a 6 inch lift and they looked small so I went up to 315's.

305 is only a 33x12.5 so it would look small on a 6" lift. You wont rub a 265 no mater how hard you try, trust me I've seen some pretty bad stuff on a stock truck with 265s and they never touched. You would have to bend the a arms to do it.

I wouldn't be driving around with the tha bars cranked all the way up, it's very rough on the shocks and cv shafts.

Level you say? What do you think happens when you load the bed?

I don't see how the different keys could help, the whole front diff needs to be lowered to keep the cv shafts close to level. Those keys are just helping burn out the front end IMO

I wouldn't be driving around with the tha bars cranked all the way up, it's very rough on the shocks and cv shafts.

I don't see how the different keys could help, the whole front diff needs to be lowered to keep the cv shafts close to level. Those keys are just helping burn out the front end IMO

My truck would sit pretty funny if i didnt crank my t-bars. With a load on before i put new springs on I looked into the air, after the springs i would have been looking at the ground if i didnt raise the front. I would like to drop the front diff if you dont mind giving me some money I'll do that, until then I will run a ball joint with a lifetime replacement warrenty.

CV joints are fine with just Tbars cranked, If you look around there are plenty of people on this site with Leveled trucks and I dont see many, if any, posts of busted CV's.

The purpose of the keys are so the t-bars are not cranked all the way. The keys re-index the holes. I would say the bed is not loaded 95% of the time. I didn't change the load capacity of the truck. As for wearing out the front end, well, this truck has 260,000 on it and it is not babied and the front end and cv axles are still original and still feels tight. You do what you want with your truck and I will do what I want with mine, simple as that.

Keys are made so you dont technichally crank up the tbars but the keys put the same amount of torsion on the bars as a turning in your stock bolts. How else do you think it lifts the front end? Its just another way to skin a cat.

I disagree.......

From the ready lift site:

Our new keys are designed to provide the required lift without compromising the ride quality that often occurs when the factory keys are over-rotated. ReadyLift® keys are guaranteed never to affect the OEM ride and will not add more pressure on the stock suspension components.

If it doesnt change the angle of the Tbars are turned to then how do you magically get the lift. Please explain, I'm not trying to be an @$$ but common sense says its doing the same thing.

Back