• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Now stocking DB2 Timing Gear sets.

Also, Ill be "gearing" up (pun intended) to do the DS4 version. I'll need to make the reluctor section and a new key. Instead of having to machine a completely new reluctor it would be nice to just modify the old DS4 chain type crankshaft sprocket.
So if anyone has just the crank sprocket from their old DS4 chain set I would pay shipping to get it here.

Thanks

I should have one Leroy but someone South of the 49th should as well. Shipping would be much less. Wait and see.

I should have one Leroy but someone South of the 49th should as well. Shipping would be much less. Wait and see.
Thanks I have a couple here but will need more. I may build/supply timing gear set for DS4 on a core basis?

very interested!

Too broke. :)

So are these comparable to the DSG sets, or are they actually better?

So, just out of curiosity, I take it the machine shop is a local Texas outfit? Made in USA? Do they do your other stuff like the boost bolt, GP puller, etc?

I am looking at a 92 GMC C2500HD RCLB 6.5L 5spd 2wd on Craigslist that I am hoping i can save up enough $ to go nuts on, throw the book at it and see what the 6.5L platform is capable of. Fluidampr, Gear drive, ATT, etc.

Can I return the chain I got from you for the project truck for one of these? :p Still in the box...

Seriously this should sell well and the price is reasonable.

why not just do a separate reluctor. the keyway is long enough
That is the plan. It will be easier/cheaper to modify an existing part.

Can I return the chain I got from you for the project truck for one of these? :p Still in the box...

Seriously this should sell well and the price is reasonable.
Actually yes as long as its unused still in the box like you said. Just let me know.

Im hoping they do sell well I have a huge investment in them.

very interested!

Too broke. :)

So are these comparable to the DSG sets, or are they actually better?

So, just out of curiosity, I take it the machine shop is a local Texas outfit? Made in USA? Do they do your other stuff like the boost bolt, GP puller, etc?

I am looking at a 92 GMC C2500HD RCLB 6.5L 5spd 2wd on Craigslist that I am hoping i can save up enough $ to go nuts on, throw the book at it and see what the 6.5L platform is capable of. Fluidampr, Gear drive, ATT, etc.
Comparable yes.
I can't give away trade secrets :) but will say I have a few machine shops around the country that work for me. I have them all mostly set up to do all my work. In case one go's under or has some emergency...ect all my eggs are not in one basket.

When you get ready for one let me know and I'll $et you up.

Cool, thanks Leroy!

So the plan is to have a machinist cut the reluctors off crank gears so they can be added to the gear set to make it work on a DS4 engine? Pretty cool idea, less extra part numbers, which should keep costs down.

If it is entirely made in USA, I think I would be game for at least two, my old man might even buy one, he is allways dogging timing chains, as "real diesels" run gears, not chains. :)

...Just gotta finish harvest and get paid first! :)

That is what I did on a prototype I have on my desk. To build the reluctor from scratch would definitely cost more.
So as you guys collect them send them to me, I'll pay shipping.
An old timing chain is basically junk, but the reluctor never see's any wear so will be perfect to use again.

That is what I did on a prototype I have on my desk. To build the reluctor from scratch would definitely cost more.
So as you guys collect them send them to me, I'll pay shipping.
An old timing chain is basically junk, but the reluctor usually never see's any wear so will be perfect to use again.

Fixed it for you. :rolleyes:

I can't give away trade secrets :) but will say I have a few machine shops around the country that work for me.

Looks like you are getting to the point of needing a personal aircraft to keep on top of all your vendors. Maybe you can talk WW's sister into flying you around :D

Also, Ill be "gearing" up (pun intended) to do the DS4 version.
I'll need to make the reluctor section and a new key. . . . So if anyone has just the crank sprocket from their old DS4 chain set I would pay shipping to get it here.

No promises and will work on setting aside time to tear into the old 506 block. Picture(s)-for-dummy of which one I am scavenging will help ;)

Back