• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Not Towing, but a good Haul

12ga diesel

Jack of all, Master of none
Reaction score
Helped out an uncle of mine who is doing a side job this weekend. He needed to pick up 57 sheets of 4'x8'x1/2" drywall for a basement job and asked if I could help him get from Home Depot to the job. Keeps telling me that we'll put some in mine, and some in his truck ('02 Silverado 1500 EC/SB) since he doesn't think mine can hold it all. I keep telling him just load up my truck and he can drive his back to the job. So after him and myself watch my cousin and his buddy load up all 57 sheets on my truck, plus a few odd and end things, my uncle is just shocked that my truck could hold it all, and do it without the ass end dropping down more than about 3 inches or so. Told him his truck could carry the 5 buckets of drywall mud. Figured it out, and the 57 sheets of 1/2" drywall comes out to 3078 lbs. I have to admit, I was pretty proud of my truck.):h

I can't believe you made him haul all that mud. You should have taken that too! He could have went and got you a soda.

Well I felt bad that he was going to be driving back with an empty truck. Plus all we had to do watch my cousin and his buddy to all the work. My uncle and I just stood around and watched. When we got back to his house, that's when the drinks really started up. He'll buy me a drink the next time we are out.

Good haul Dave!... But who UNloaded? That's alot of drywall):h

My 15 year old cousin and his buddy. They loaded and unloaded it. I think my uncle gave them 50 bucks for doing it. Had to move it from the truck that was in the garage through the kitchen and down 12 stairs into the basement. We just stood around and talked.

Back