• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Northeast diesel gettogether sept 11-13 cornwall bridge ct

ctgmcduramax

Northeast Diesel GTG
Reaction score
NORTHEAST DIESEL GETTOGETHER SEPT 11, 12, 13 2009
CORNWALL BRIDGE, CT

Seven years ago this September a group of GM diesel truck enthusiasts met at local remodeling contractor (BEAR CREEK REMODELING) Terry Mazurkewicz's home for a weekend of food, fun and informal education about their GM Trucks.
The event, named The Northeast Diesel Get Together has become an annual gathering and will be happening the weekend of September 11- 13, 2009 as the seventh annual get together.
The event helps owners / enthusiasts who meet online at various diesel websites to meet each other outside of cyber space.

Over 20 years of the GM diesel engine family will be represented at the event - 6.2l, 6.5l and the current 6.6l Duramax generation of engines.

The festivities start with a potluck supper Friday evening at Terry's home on 261 Kent Rd South, US 7 at 6 pm.

Saturday finds the group enjoying a daylong cookout where they will show off their trucks, make new friends, and learn a few new tricks
to increase their vehicles performance and individuality.

Sunday many will head to Lebanon Valley drag way to see just what their trucks will do.

This year’s event has a less ambitious venue than years past says event host and sponsor Terry Mazurkewicz of Bear Creek Remodeling.

In years past we've scheduled tours of Biopur diesel plant in Bethlehem, the Truck museum in Middlebury, The Steam Machine show in Kent
and held the cookout along with professionally run workshops at Warren Woods. Given the loss of our dealership sponsor Park GMC, and the general downturn of the economy it was felt to keep things a bit simpler this year.

Registration at the event website is requested to help us plan accordingly.

Further information can be found at the event website www.dieselgettogether.com or by calling Terry at 860-672-2345

(Originally we had set this year’s event as Saturday Sept 12th only. However some out of State participants will be joining us! Come join us for a fun filled weekend or part of it! )

Spent the weekend trying to get a cranky hard drive to mount up which had all the event website and databases on it. Got that fixed only to dump iced tea on the keyboard !

The NEDGT website has been partially updated , But You can REGISTER now for the event .

Hopefully next year will be better , BUT there is now an event scheduled the same date we usually hold the gtg in W. Mass , their first year with mud bog, dyno and pulling sled.
No way I can get the w mass guys back down trying to compete with that or a lot of new england guys.

Get together

SORRY, NEDGT CANCELLED . ONLY 2 REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS BOTH DRIVING OVER 5 HOURS TO ATTEND.

7 pm Monday, Labor day.

Sorry to hear that the event was cancelled. I thank you for the effort. I will try to attend next year. Just a suggestion, but maybe a different weekend? I do see that you are already working on that.

Where and when is the S Hadley GTG?

The Labor Day Weekend is usually a busy weekend for people in general. What were the issues that you are talking about? If there is a conflict with a pulling event that some members attend at the same time that your GTG is, that is why I suggested maybe a different weekend.

Back