• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

North Carolina and surrounding area get to gather

OHey a bunch of different areas r having a get to gather. Do we in my area have a group? If so lets do the get to gather thing!!! If not lets get to gather anyway!!! I got a super modern campground here at the farm that will accommodate 20 or so campers with 40 amp electric hookups and water plus a dump station. Got a $35000 outdoor kitchen with separate grill shack, shower house with nice clean mens and ladies restrooms, fishing pond and pony rides for the kids and 6.5 miles of trails for hiking or horseback!!! Two miles from the Lumber River State Park. Only 16 miles off interstate 95.No charge just a donation for electric if u camp. Just need a date so we dont conflict with another event here. Lets talk it up sooty handed diesel lovers!ops no words here we go....not digital but heck of a cowboy!!!!! Here r some pics of other folks enjoying the place.

man that is beautiful...If I were closer...by about 400 miles or so... I'd be there with my camper...

If u wanna come by or r passing thru stop on in and stay a spell! The pics do not do it justice. Have something goin on all the time! LOL Even had a church here for Easter Sunrise service, they stayed all day and really cooked! Course I get invited to all the eating! LOL Man I am going to go to ur state and really visit sometime! I luv hearin about rural Lousiana and reading about it!

839 miles is a long way for just a quick trip...Closest I may get with the camper is Smokey Mountain National Park next year...

Here's a map from beginning to end...

Slidell, La

That's gorgeous country down your way Bill. It's very generous of you to offer all of this. I would really like to go down your way sometime and make a visit to Charlotte to the NASCAR Hall of Fame, the race shops and to a few of the dirt short tracks.

Darn my write up just disappeared and gotta hunt and peck again. The place is not all mine, the expensive part belongs to my very wealthy neighbors. They bought a hayfield beside me 3 yrs ago and gave me a blank checkbook to build the horse place of my dreams. U oughta see the horse barn I built them with a apartment inside it!!! The horse stalls are finished stained and sealed knotty pine. Hey I know it sounds like a fairy tale but face it u aint gotta be good if u r lucky! LOL They basically adopted my interests and just want people to come visit and enjoy the place for free so they can meet folks and have company. I look after it and get the hire repairs and maintenance done and keep adding on more stuff, I guess I am the unpaid manager but I aint complaining! LOL They even bought me a hydrastatic John Deer tractor and lawnmower since my artificial leg cant work the clutch dependable. So its free just leave a donation in the jar if u camp and hook to the electricity. All of The Truck Stop is welcome just let me know ahead so I can make sure u get a good spot and that a large group hasnt booked it. Course a lot of times the big events have others campin here that join in the festivitys, we work it out.

Thanks all of yall for the compliments, Now get it together and lets visit!

12 GA Diesel we r in the heart of dirt track racing. There are a bunch of tracks both dirt ovals and drag within 30-40 miles. They race everythig here, we even have a riding lawnmower dirt track oval! Now that takes nerve! Dont forget King Richard Pettys museum!

Wish I was still stationed at Fort Bragg, I would take you up on the offer in a heart beat.

That place looks awesome, thanks for being so generous! :thumbsup:

Hey Marty didna know u were ever from Fayettenam! U ever come back this way give us a holler. U know Fayeeteville has one of the most mind boggling things I have ever seen! I used to be in the catering business and did several caterings @ the Fayetteville VA Hospital.....they have a big monument with a plaque on it that says " THE PRICE OF YOUR FREEDOM IS ON DISPLAY HERE EVERY DAY" ........ I saw this on my first trip there and then I went in to set up the catering and .......lets just say that in order to graduate from high school u should have to visit the VA hospital!!!!! It should be the LAW!!!!

Also everybody loves Bobs place so much I got paranoid so heres a pic of my place, its not shabby either! Its the horse barn of course, who cares about my house, as u can see the rainbow ends here @ Trails End Farm!!!!

The paint mare I am on is a daughter of my 6 time All Arond Year End Hi Point stallion In The Chips Today. Its her first time under saddle with someone actually in the saddle. I am having a quiet moment with our maker before I ask her to move off.....it was ok no bucking and after about 6 months of training she is kid safe. Come on out and ride with us at The Lazy L (Bobs place) and mine Trails End Farm!!!! Maybe your pot of gold is in North Carolina!

Attachments

• 070508_1851[00].jpg
    070508_1851[00].jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 0823101536a.jpg
    0823101536a.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 6
I always told people that the more colors on a horse, the smaller the brain. That held true on my farm. Never had any good luck with paints or appys. HOWEVER, I didn't train any of them. They were just boarders that were already trained (poorly I might add).
Never had very good luck with T-breds off the track either. They're all abused too much/too young to be worth anything and not be skittish.
BTW, I stayed FAR away from the Jodphur wearing snotty types and they never hung around long.

Nice lookin' setup there Bill. :thumbsup:

Back