• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Non Turbo Duramax

BERK

Angry White Man
Reaction score
What's the difference between the non turbo motors and the turbo's besides the obvious? My friend has a cutaway 1 ton van with the non turbo. I thought it was turbocharged at first because it has an intercooler, but there is no turbo. The performance is actually really good, as is the milage. Does anyone know the specs of these motors?

To the best of my knowledge they all have turbos. Who knows maybe I'm wrong but I don't think the duramax comes without a turbo. What year make and model is the van?

I thought the same thing. The truck is a 2007 and it states the engine is an LMM, but no place anywhere on the entire truck including the engine compartment does it say turbo. I even argued with the sales manager about this. The dealership handles a lot of fleet vehicles, and the manager insisted that this van was non turbo and that it was an option. I can't physically see back far enough to determine if there is one back there, unless I remove the engine cover. This is really bothering me.

The van engines all have turbos. IIRC the only difference is that they are de-tuned because they don't have the Allison... not sure if they got the 6L90E or still have the 4L85E.

Unless it's a gas burner it will have a 6.6 Turbo charged Duramax engine.

I thought so. I had a 20 minute arguement with the manager of a huge Chevy dealership who swore the truck was non turbo. WTF?

If that van has a Duramax in it, it has a turbo on it. Also the detuned version that is in the vans have the 4L85E trans matted to it.

I had a 20 minute arguement with the manager of a huge Chevy dealership who swore the truck was non turbo. WTF?

:leaving::skep:

The MANAGER said there was no Turbo? Wow, please don't ever go back to that Dealer again. Please.

Wait.....

Are saying that a retard service manager actually works at a GM dealership and is feeding bad or ignorant information to the public? :eek:ut:

That never happens...I thought they were the experts...:rolleyes:

I find it funny that it has no turbo and it has an intercooler. Someone must have checked the box for intercooled non turbo non existant LMM duramax.

Wait.....

Are saying that a retard service manager actually works at a GM dealership and is feeding bad or ignorant information to the public? :eek:ut:

That never happens...I thought they were the experts...:rolleyes:

X2 go figure I guess its time to start back at square one again. :biggrin5:

Next time you are at the dealer, ask him for the turbo option RPO code and the cost.

I'm laughing my ass off about this one! What a moron that service manager is!! Almost as stupid as the service manager that told me my 06 lemon had 18 computers, and they had replaced them all trying to get it to run! :rofl:

:nopics: how about some snaps of the engine bay would love to see what it is, wonder if it has one of them short bodied IPs with 8 wires coming from it, with those short duration high voltage glow plugs in it :D

Back