• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

No Turbo Whistle

dieseldust

Reaction score
, Hello Guys and Gals i am out enjoying my Chevy :) , i like my 95 way better than my 2003 dodge SST truck,i have driven big trucks for a lot of years to many to tell you but i always could hear the old turbo spool up and whistle away, do these 6.5 turbos ever whistle i cant hear mine, it pulls good and all just cant hear the turbo is that normal on the 6.5,s

Cheers
James

After I did my intake, chip, and 4" exhaust my GM-4 turbo whistled like crazy, then I upgraded to the much better ATT and it doesn't whistle near as much, but it seems like the longer I use it the more it whistles; but it could be just me.

Good i thought maybe i was going deaf from to many miles in a old 318 Detroit Kenworth, and yes gerald the vacum pump is still there its all mostly stock, it pulls and goes real good reminds me of a big block chevy lolololo :)

James

Yes i like that sound, nothing like the sound of a turbo spooling up, i have the big exaust on mine, i know i have a muffler but will check into the soot trap thing,

James

mine is almost to loud. I do have a like new GM8 in there too. Alot of maintainance stuff helps too. My lift pump and injectors bought it back to life, and the exhaust was the most crucial. THe larger downpipe im sure. Also a high flow air filter and turbo silencer delete helps.

Back