• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

no high idle when cold

j johnson

Reaction score
ive used high idle in the past but sence i replaced the batts. the high idle wont work...the insterment panel says that high idle is on what gives!!!:mad2:

The same thing happened to me. Last week of december we took a trip to north ga. Passenger side battery was leaking pretty good so I swapped both batteries with the two fairly new ones in my old 92 6.5. Got to ga, couple of mornings it was really cold, thought I'd try the high idle. I soon as I selected "on", it worked. A few minutes later I turned it off. It has not worked since...with the exception of I tried it one time when we got back and it didn't work...I guess I left it on and I think it was the next day I cranked the truck drove about 50 yards to the barn to put out some hay and when I put the truck in park the idle jumped up, hopped back in and set high idle to "off", idle went back down to normal. I've tried it at least ten different times since then and it does not work.

Back