• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

No fuel thru ip

Bimpy

Reaction score
1982 6.2 no fuel through IP. 12.9 volts at the pink wire to solenoid. Can hear solenoid clicking when hooking up pink wire. IP rebuilt 2ys ago only about 4500 miles on it. I'm at a loss

Make sure fuel is going through the filter to the IP.

Take the solenoid out and make sure it is allowing fuel to flow.

Take the 1/4 return line off the IP and replace with clear line. Then you can see if fuel is flowing through it and see any bubbles indicating air intrusion. If that return line is plugged or pinched it will stop the IP.

The solenoid swings an arm that pushes a wire spring that spins a pilot valve in a bore to open/close main fuel flow.

There is also a very fine screen in the cone on the front of the IP that could plug, tho that's rare.

Screen:

Attachments

• DSC02032.JPG
    DSC02032.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC02096.JPG
    DSC02096.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC02288.JPG
    DSC02288.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 7
The solenoid swings an arm that pushes a wire spring that spins a pilot valve in a bore to open/close main fuel flow.

There is also a very fine screen in the cone on the front of the IP that could plug, tho that's rare.

Screen:
Well, that is good to know. Thank You 3500.

Plenty of fuel at secondary filter. Nothing through return line. Opened four injector lines. No fuel

Might try pulling the glow plugs out. Turn the engine over by the starter for 20-30 seconds and let it cool for a few minutes and do it again. Might take a few times, mine did.

Thanks.I will try it. This is frustrating since I had virtually no trouble getting it started after having the IP rebuilt. Thought I knew everything then

After replacing injectors and all of the fuel hoses on mine, it did take quite a while to get fuel to the injectors, even after bleeding out the air in the hoses.

Back