• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

NO BRAKES

Stoney

Reaction score
We started digging out from the storm.. started the truck up after it was sitting all night.... Went to pull away and noticed my brake light was on and I had no brakes... The pedal went right to the floor... I checked the reservoir it's full...any ideas??could the brake booster or something be froze up from the weather

Clogged return from the hydrobooster will keep the pedal on the floor. Brake light on is likely switch saying half of the system has major leak. Ripped off brake line, blown seal, etc. You should have front or rear working unless the MC failed 100% and that's possible. So is completely ripping more than one brake line off.

Pulled out of a ditch for digging out? Did someone slash your brake lines including critters munching em?

If I had blown brake lines there be fluid on the ground when I pump the brake right?? I guess it could be the master cylinder... didn't have to pull it out of a ditch or nothing.. the plaza just buried it around the sides while plowing the roads

You don't have to loose much fluid for no brakes. The dust seal on calipers can hide it as well as drums blown wheel cyl. Ice from wet fluid ?

Back