• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

No 4wd in my 07 Colorado

hookedup50

Reaction score
Like title says. When I push the button I hear the transfer case hunting, but not actuating the front end. I changed the actuator to no avail. I have no codes, but will 4wd codes show from the obd port". I'm awaiting a canbus cable from carcode, and not to change subject, but will the canbus cable work in place of cable sent for 6.5. I have the encoder ring and parts to swap out, but don't want to replace it till I am sure. I read the troubleshooting sequence online. My suspition is that the signal is not getting to the actuator. Will a continuity tester/multimeter let me check this first. Sorry for all the questions, but electrical issues are a weakness for me. I also mght not be asking right question. Thanks

I had the same issue in my 08 Colorado. If I shifted back and forth from 2-Hi to 4-Hi it would eventually engage. The issue turned out to be a bad contact in the transfer case actuator. Mine was fixed under warranty, so I didn't have to diagnose the issue myself. The dealership switched out a few different items in the transfer case until they found the culprit.

No resolution yet, but bad contact has been my suspition. I have the encoder parts, but it was intermittant before if went away for good. Poor health kept me from looking into it, but I've recovered from back surgury(really bad infection), that I'm rooting out problem tomorrow. My 6.5 is getting air in the fuel, from the suction side and I need to root that out as well. My goal till spring is to keep one 4wd running for poor roads. I've done a lot of work to the 6.5, so I expect a few more issues. I will update when I resolve this problem. There is not a lot of info on this matter except to take it to the dealer only to find out that they throw parts at it and give you the bill. I love GM products, but don't like paying dealerships.

Still no resolution. I seem to spend my time snowblowing and shoveling my roofs.

Back