• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Nicktane Fuel Filter setup

Pepperidge

Member Advocate
Reaction score
Nicktane Fuel Filter setup in great condition...$125 obo including new Cat filter + actual shipping

Includes the following...

• Truck under bed mount bracket
  • Filter head
  • 1 NEW Cat 1R0749 2micron High Efficiency Filter
  • Stainless Mounting Hardware
  • 6' hose with pushlock connector to 1/2 hose barb connection on filter head
  • 3' hose with pushlock connector to 1/2 hose barb connection on filter head
  • 2' extension hose with push on hose connectors to extend hose if needed (you may need to extend the shorter 3' hose)
  • Nictane.jpg

Installation instructions
Fuel test data / filtration information

Last edited:
you can get them from a cat dealer between $16 and $25(depends on the dealer) I had to pay $23+tax...some have claimed to even get the filter for $16 from their dealer...thats why I say it depends on the dealer...

unless you get some really bad fuel these 2 micron filters last a really long time...I've put over 40k miles on one and it still had good media left when cut open...

I guess I should put in the ad that I have 2 spare Cat filters that I can put in the same box (with no additional shipping charges) for $20ea.

JMO but Baldwins aren't a hair on a Cat's ass ;)

but we can start another thread to argue filter qualities...

JMO but Baldwins aren't a hair on a Cat's ass ;)

but we can start another thread to argue filter qualities...

You're probably right Paul. I had 2 Baldwin (2 micron) filters that I used and cut open when I was done. I was impressed with how the Baldwins were put together. I do agree that the CAT's have a better filter media.

Need a setup for a Ford 6.9 diesel dually to run it off wvo.

you wouldn't want this for that Bill...The bracket is made for GMT800 series trucks to mount under the bed just in front of the Drivers side rear wheel...not that a little creative fabrication couldn't make it work...but the reason this setup costs what it does($239 shipped new) is that it was made specifically for the GMT800 trucks...

you could try and find a filter head that would accept the cat filter...there may be a thread here with that info...

I would think that 2 micron filtration may be overkill for WVO and would need some pre filtration before passing through the Cat so as not to clog it...I'm not a WVO guy, so I just don't know...

Use a Walbro with a 30 micron prefilter and then put a 5micron under the hood b4 the factory fuel filter but I do not like the capacity of the 5 micron Wix I am using. Ur filter looks a lot bigger. I change the Wix every 3000 miles with the oil change and have no problems that way on my 6.2 dually. Do u know the thread and pitch of the Cat filter? Also do u know the number of the Baldwin? The Wix crossmatch does not list the Cat but maybe it will have Baldwin.

Found as a sticky in the Maintenance Section of the Forum. http://www.thetruckstop.us/forum/showthread.php?21-Duramax-Filter-Guide

2 Micron Spin on Fuel Filter (1-14 Thread UNS-2B)

Long Can Version
Baldwin - BF 7587
Donaldson - P551311
CAT - 1R0749
WIX - 33674
NAPA - 3674
Fleetguard - FF5319
Luber Finer - LFF2749
Hastings - FF1056
Purolator - F75185

Short Can Version
Baldwin - BF 7633
Donaldson - P551313
CAT - 1R0750
WIX - 33528
NAPA - 3528Fleetguard - FF5320
Luber Finer - LLF3347
Hastings - FF1079
Purolator - F65213

Hey pep im pretty interested....shipping to 14620?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lets call it an even $20 to ship...I'm positive it will be more than that with the size and weight...in the chance that it is less, I'll refund you the difference Mike

I also have two more Cat filters I'll let go for $15 ea. and will not add any more to shipping to the cost...

I'm also selling a 30 micron prefilter/water separator(no mounting hardware)

I eliminated the factory fuel filter/water separator (not that I ever got water Out of it...I don't think the factory system ever did the job right)
if you buy that too I'll take some off the price for taking it all...and not add any more for shipping...just a thought...

on another note: I don't think I mentioned in the ad that the hoses are brand new...

I SHOULD get this.... I'm not making 10K on my filter with hard towing (low mpg and large amounts of fuel flow). What kind of bundle could you make me? I need to get a LP too so while i'm tearing crap up i might as well go all out.

I SHOULD get this.... I'm not making 10K on my filter with hard towing (low mpg and large amounts of fuel flow). What kind of bundle could you make me? I need to get a LP too so while i'm tearing crap up i might as well go all out.
The lift pumps are sold(if you meant the ones I had for sale at one time)

or were you talking about wanting the 30 micron pre filter as well?

or just the nicktane and setup and the 2 additional filters...

Let me know and I'll try to cut you a deal based on what your looking for...

Back