• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Nice looking intercooler install

Ya road tube it. I recomend that to annyone intercooler or not.

???

I know I'm kinda dumb so help me out - what the heck is road tube?

That setup looks nice...for a city boy. Would last about 2 weeks on my truck....one trip down my 1 mile long driveway and it would be clogged with mud (we've gotten over 12 inches of rain in the last three weeks - my road is a mess!)

Last edited:
???

I know I'm kinda dumb so help me out - what the heck is road tube?

That setup looks nice...for a city boy. Would last about 2 weeks on my truck....one trip down my 1 mile long driveway and it would be clogged with mud (we've gotten over 12 inches of rain in the last three weeks - my road is a mess!)

Basically vented to atmophere and pointed to the road. Just like old school.

Piglet did the job on that one, allright. It looks like every other hanging ATA install I've seen - there really doesn't appear to be another way to do those, unless you get the IC that has inlet/outlet on the same side and run both tubes through the passenger side.

As for 'road-tube', I really don't recommend that. GM designed the Crankcase ventilation system to maintain a negative pressure gradient, and the CDR valve is an essential part of that.

Plugging it off or venting it to atmosphere CAN (and usually does) lead to leaking seals, and removing it WILL mean your truck won't pass emissions testing.

If yours is broke, fix it - don't work around it.

As for oil buildup in intercoolers (with a functioning CDR system), it's never been a big problem for anybody I've known with ICs.

Piglet did the job on that one, allright. It looks like every other hanging ATA install I've seen - there really doesn't appear to be another way to do those, unless you get the IC that has inlet/outlet on the same side and run both tubes through the passenger side.

Like mine :)

As for 'road-tube', I really don't recommend that. GM designed the Crankcase ventilation system to maintain a negative pressure gradient, and the CDR valve is an essential part of that.

Plugging it off or venting it to atmosphere CAN (and usually does) lead to leaking seals, and removing it WILL mean your truck won't pass emissions testing.

If yours is broke, fix it - don't work around it.

Agreed.

Looks nice GM. I bet it cools that air well.
Its dirty in that picture because of the mud I was in when I took my trip to Canada. The pic was taken a week after before I cleaned the truck up lol. You can see a little preview of what I did here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubwo8wVQWrk

The other trail we were on had more mud then trail lol.

I don't know much about my intercooler as it was installed by the previous owner. Most likely after the engine was replaced... since it was replaced at like 60,000 miles.

Back