• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

nice and clean

eng158

Deputy
Reaction score
spent 10 hours last week washing clay barring and waxing the truck. cleaned the inside as well.

here is the outcome.

picture.php

see the rest in my album, what do you guys think.

can a mod maybe help me import a pic from the album. i tried to put a pic in from my album using the add pic button but i failed. sorry i suck.

that will do. i am dumb so how exactly did you do that. thanks bud.

dam i thought everyone was going to kill me that day because i took so long. i tried to clean every place i could abd the claybarring which did a lot was a new exprience for me. i even got on my back and cleaned the top of my bed cover. i felt like michalangalo paining the sistien chapple. My truck has never looked so good and people were askign me if it was new, i was a proud boy that day.

So for all of you that think black is a bitch i am with you on that one, but they sure look great after a little TLC. Only problem is i dont want to drive it for fear of dirt and pollen.

If otyu have questions about what i used just ask.

Truck looks real good cleaned up! How you like that Quadrasteer?

its a love hate relationship. it is really cool because of the turning radius, i can pull turns that little cars cant handle. however it is generally off because i am terrified to brake something because i am assuming it is big money to fix. i wish it was 4wd, and not AWD but it is a really great truck. I have never had a problem with the quadrasteer and i have had the truck for about a year knock on wood.

Truck looks good! I know what you mean about black trucks, they are a rip to keep clean but they look nice cleaned up. The pollen is awful here, I clean my truck one day the next it is covered in pollen.

How does the clay bar work exactly? I would like to do it to my truck but I don't want to scratch the paint.

you can get a clay bar kit and it has everything you need. you take the spray and spray down a small area then run the clay bar over that area until it feels smooth and you dont hear any noise. it is kind of like wet sanding the truck. all it does it remove the oxidation. it is really simple and really makes the truck smooth. However you cant do it that often. i plan on claybarring once a year from now on.

One important thing to keep in mind is to continue to kneed the bar and never let it touch the ground or its done for.

Hopefully Lloyd Christmas will chime in here because he taught me how to do it.

Back