• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Newest duramax w/o dpf

625fireman

I have injecter-itis
Reaction score
I am assuming that the year breakdown on the board is correct for the non dpf engines? looking to buy new to me duramax. i want to go as new as possible without getting a DPF. Any help would be great. I am looking for a 2500 crew 4x4 if it makes a difference. Thanks joe

Early '07 (also known as the '07 "Classic") was the newest one without the DPF. The new body style is when they had the dpf added.

get the lbz! i love it, just watch your leaky trans lines and tighten the radiator hoses and get you idler pulley replaced a couple times. aside from those things i love this truck!!!! and balls that a bull would be jealous of :D

That's what I did last June. I lucked-out and found an LBZ EXACTLY like I wanted with only 17,000 miles. Diesel was $5 a gallon in California at the time so I STOLE IT!

We pull a 8x16 fully racked and loaded trailer everyday for work...I get on a ramp and if I hit the loud pedal enough to make it think it needs to go, my partner asks if the trailer is still on...gotta love the power it can lay down.
I actually think it loves to work...no wimping out here.

2006 LLY and 2006-2007 LBZ are the only ones I would consider. In my opinion they are the most trouble free Duramax package in the family.

the only problems I've ever had with mine were a coolant leak from an engine oil cooler gasket and leaking transmission lines. All fixed last year under warranty and no more problems so far, with over 46,000 miles on the clock. :)

Back