• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Just watched that video! it seemed so easy changing all the parts out... I wish the 2WD's were this way. dealing with the coil springs is a PIA!!

I like the idea swapping the rear axle too. I possibly have access to a complete 2003 3500 express van box truck. wonder if all is swappable on the 2WD gmt400's ideas ideas lol

Just watched that video! it seemed so easy changing all the parts out... I wish the 2WD's were this way. dealing with the coil springs is a PIA!!

I like the idea swapping the rear axle too. I possibly have access to a complete 2003 3500 express van box truck. wonder if all is swappable on the 2WD gmt400's ideas ideas lol
Anything will fit anything with a torch, hammers and a welder. Maybe a grinder would help too. 🤷‍♂️😹😹😹😹

Thank you for sharing the video @ak diesel driver this is amazing info to have. Given my situation in addition to having stamped LCAs it's great to know I can swap in a new LCA and save a little $ not having to buy a $100 reamer for the lower that would see little to no use after the upgrade.

Interesting tidbit that there's a small window of years where a knuckle (he calls it a spindle) is made where the vehicle outer tie rod end can be used. Wish he had posted part numbers for this specific part as there's no differentiation for light duty and heavy duty on RockAuto at least

Back