• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

#25ashley

Reaction score
Well I have finally gotten here. Proud owner of a 06 2500HD with the LBZ engine. 46k miles, what a beast, totally stock except for an aftermarket air filter with the bigger air hoses. Forget what type it is (AES ?) Not a K & N for sure. Cannot wait til tax money comes, this baby is going to get a few mod's. Anybody want to suggest something ? what would you do different if you had the choice ? Go easy on me, new to this whole diesel thing. Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Welcome

Best bang for the buck would be a tuner of some sort. What are your plans for the truck?

Recommendations are EFI Live, PPE, even the Diablo Sports are good tuners for the money.

Plans for the truck are, keep it looking the best,best performance, towing occasional trailer for the Harley. And basically loving it like my 3rd kid. Took me this long to get it, and I want to give it the best. No sled pulling, no dogging it......unless that pesky neighborhood kid with the powerstoke,strokes me the wrong way. Know what I mean.

Jeff

Plans for the truck are, keep it looking the best,best performance, towing occasional trailer for the Harley. And basically loving it like my 3rd kid. Took me this long to get it, and I want to give it the best. No sled pulling, no dogging it......unless that pesky neighborhood kid with the powerstoke,strokes me the wrong way. Know what I mean.

Jeff

EFI Live is a complete tuning tool, as in you write your own tunes. A very cool product. If you don't want to mess with that than a hand held tuner would work just fine for you.

I suggest read around and see what fits your needs the best.

Welcome to the site!

EFI live is a big step and ive heard it takes some gettin used to. I plan to have it one day, but for now my PPE tuner is more than I need!

Welcome aboard.

I agree with jeff, but being that you are new to the whole thing i would suggest sticking with something more "plug and play". like a simple flash tuner from PPE or some thing like that.

Back