• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Newbie to Forum

Buster, that is some SERIOUSLY nice hit and miss equipment and the WF 40 Deere is a beauty.
When you put attachments in a thread, select the "full image for all" option (which I did).
Videos need to be linked from an outside source you uploaded to, like YouTube.

A word of caution on those old poppin Johnnys, seal those upper crank case bolts threads, and under the heads of the bolts too, I used copper washers and No. 1 Permatex, keeps water from leaking into the crank case.
Okay, here We go, derailed another thread. LOL
My BIL bought a poppin Johnny, I thinking it was a modal A but don't quite remember. He got it trailered home, that winter He was trying to move some snow with its back blade. My sis calls and tells Me, it has no power and seems to smoke out the clutch when under a load. I go out, they have it moved into a shed. After hearing it run, I told biL, rods is knocking. pulled top cover, the square drive coupler for the oil pump was sheared, all the oil tubes to the bearings was disconnected. We found another A at a local yard, removed crank, rods, pistons bearings and caps and installed it all onto the BILs tractor, there was differences between the oil tubes of the different years so had to make some of those. It had knocked for so long and hard that a piston was busted so used a piston from the doner and then new rings. That was a beast of a job, but, it did have oil pressure and ran good after the so called overhaul.
Is what had happened, water had run into the crank case, via the top bolts, very bottom thing in the engine is the oil pump, water run into there and froze, the PO had started the engine, pump gears being froze in solid busted that square pump drive coupler, guess You know the rest of the story.

Back